Sunday, October 4, 2009

LEL 2: Grammar Skills 3: Practice with Subjects, Verbs & Pronouns

1. Interest level:
I found the course interesting, even though there were some things I already knew. It gave me some tips to write better.

2. Difficulty:
The course wasn't difficult. I learned a few things, and they were easy to assimilate. I learned new things in the second, third and fifth lessons.

3. What I learned:
In the first lesson, I didn't learn anything, but it was good to review what I already knew. In the second lesson, I knew the difference between passive and active verbs, but I learned that it is preferable to use the active than the passive form except when the object is more important than the subject, when the subject is unknown and when the passive voice results in shorter sentences without detracting from the meaning. I also learned to use verbs that create an image and action verbs instead of state-of-being verbs to make a text more interesting. In the third lesson, I learned to put "one" after a pronoun like "each", "either", etc. to see if the pronoun is singular. In the fifth lesson, I finally assimilated the difference between lie and lay, and when to use "which".

4. My score:
There was no score.

5. Course rating:
I found again the course very clear and well explained; it is a very good way to learn new things and to write better. I would give the mark 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment