Sunday, November 22, 2009

LEL 4: Grammar Skills 2: Fine-Tuning Your Punctuation

1. Interest level:
The course was very interesting, since there wasn't many things I already knew.

2. Difficulty:
The course wasn't that difficult, but I learned many new things.

3. What I learned:
The first lesson was about colons and semi-colons. Even though I have learned these things before, it wasn't really clear in my mind before I took the course. In the second lesson, I learned the uses of the dash, because I didn't know anything about it. In the third lesson, I learned many things, because I can never remember where to put periods, commas, colons and capitals with quotation marks. I also learned a lot in the fourth lesson, because it is hard to remember if the compound nouns are single-word, two-word amd hyphenated. I also learned when to use brackets. I learned that if a number can be written in one or two words, it must be written as a word. Otherwise, it must be written numeral. If the number is in the beginning of the sentence, it must be written as a word.

4. My score:
There was no score.

5. Course rating:
The course was very helpful, and I learned a great deal. I think it was the best, so I give it a 9/10.

1 comment: